The Gospel Advances
1. In verse 12, Paul writes that he believes everything that has
happened to him has really served to advance the gospel. This
is a shift to view life through the lens of eternity rather than a
temporal lens focused on present circumstances. How do we
get to the point where we can view life this way?
2. What would it look like to live as if everything in your life
really serves to advance the gospel? How would it change the
way you react or respond to people and circumstances? How
would it change the way you pray?
3. Verse 14 points to the vital importance of community in
talking about the gospel with others. Who is someone
with whom you would like to share the gospel? How might
your community help embolden you to have an intentional
conversation with that person?
4. Paul’s goal is that Christ be exalted in life and in death. Look
over the previous 20 verses; what characteristics of Paul’s life
do you see that honor Christ?
5. What ways do you feel your life exalts Jesus? Don’t be polite
or humble, it is okay to speak truth and talk about how you
seek to exalt Jesus! What are ways that others can pray for
you in this area?